Below are SOME companies that I have bought things from and would recommend, or are things I am dying to have. I am not an ambassador or spokesperson for 99% of them- I just happen to like their products. 😀 Furthermore, none of the companies listed below have paid or asked to be on the list. In fact, I would speculate at this point, all of them don’t even know my blog exists! HAHA!
Check back often, because the list will be updated/edited as I discover new things or change my mind! I’m sure I will be adding more sections soon!!
Clicking the companies name will take you directly to their website!
- A-Bomb Apparel: Ashley makes her clothing all by herself! Her stuff is handmade with love. It may take a while to get it, but know it is made with attention to detail. You will have no problem finding some awesome prints/patterns! Don’t wait too long though, because patterns can go fast! She does custom orders too. 😉
- Athleta: A major retailer of fitness clothing. They offer a lifetime guarantee and alterations to boot!
- Buddha Pants: These all cotton, harem pants have POCKETS. Did I mention pockets!?! I could live in these pants every day of the week. Use code “ashleycarteryoga_10” for a discount!
- K Deer: Super stylish leggings; fit like a glove and no “muffin top” or sheerness to worry about. Pricey, but I promise you the quality is well worth it. Shop the sale section for bargains (same quality!)
- Liquido/Om Stars: Limited prints that come out monthly (snatch em up quick!) The fabric is buttery soft. I’m a bit iffy on the quality, but it could have been a bad batch (fabric pilled)
- Niyama Sol: Leggings made from recycled bottles and are oh so comfy (and stylish)
- Noli: This company makes some awesome leggings! Check them out.
- Onzie: A major retailer with some fashionable (sometimes edgy) clothing
- Picasso Jasper: A small company that makes some super comfy tee’s and tanks. They make pants too, but I haven’t bought any of those!
- Werkshop: This is one brand I haven’t bought from, but I am DYING to add to my collection. AWESOME selection and such unique prints. Several lengths to choose from. Check it out, you won’t be disappointed (your pocketbook may!)
- Manduka: I have the “Pro” and for me, it is good for “non sweaty” practices. It gets a little slick if I’m sweaty, but other people don’t seem to have this issue. They have a wide price range and different types of mats to select from. Oh, did I mention the Pro has a lifetime guarantee?
- Yoloha: This is the ONLY mat I have ever used that I have yet to slip on. You can use it wet or dry. I can’t praise it enough. They have three types of cork mats to choose from now and you can get plain, a design or a personalized mat. If you are an environmentally friendly person, this mat is for you!
- Dharma Wheel: The first yoga wheel company. I have another wheel, but I would really like to get one of theirs. Wheels are FANTASTIC at opening up your chest and spine. Get one as soon as you are able!
- Infinity Strap: Everyone could use a strap that isn’t a strap. 😀
- Wrist Widget: Got a torn TFCC or any other ulnar side wrist pain? This is the thing for you!!! I swear this thing changed my life. I tore my TFCC and had surgery and a year later I was STILL limping along. Got this thing and magically, things started to change! I have told numerous other yogi’s about it and they have had success with it as well! You can buy it direct from them, amazon or from my “pals” over at Yoga Paws (see link above). You won’t regret the purchase! 😀
- Yoga Paws: Mats for your hands and feet! Incredible customer service and they also sell some fabulous looking clothes.
Odds & Ends
- Yogi Surprise: A monthly subscription box that you sign up for. You can either choose the jewelry box or the lifestyle box. I personally get the jewelry one, and so far, I have been rather happy with the mala, necklace, bracelets, etc. Also you get CHOCOLATE! Wait until you get a coupon offer to sign up and it will be an even better deal! It won’t make you a better yogi(ni), but it will make you a more fashionable one. 😉
- Meditations From the Mat: Daily Reflections On the Path of Yoga: A nice “snack” to read each day. The musings are not very long, but it gives you something to ponder about. It is well written. I have the second book and I believe this book is more my cup of tea.
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Vol. I: If you like knowing anatomy or what muscles are being used in a posture, this is a nice tool to have
- The Power of Ashtanga Yoga: Primary Series: A nice supplement to any ashtanga practice!
- The Yamas & Niyamas: Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice: This book is supposed to be read one chapter a month. Each chapter has things to think about, questions to answer and even has little homework assignments! The book is so well written, it is hard to stop at just one chapter. One of my students read the entire thing in a day and when I reminded her about how it was supposed to be read she went “Ooops, it was just sooo good!” 🙂
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga: A Practical Guide to Healing Body, Mind & Spirit: I have yet to read this, but lots of people I know rave about this book! It’s on my “to read” list