I’ve been told that if you write something down, it’s more likely to happen. If you tell someone, the percentage of it happening is even more likely of happening. ::sigh:: Well, I have already done both of these things, but this is more personal (even though it’s public) and I can also include links and photos and make it my inspiration board too.
When I finished my YTT, I had said that my grand scheme was to travel the world and teach workshops. I didn’t want to own a yoga studio. I wanted to go around to other places and teach at their studios or host retreats. Of course, I knew I needed some experience before I could go out offering such a thing and somewhere along the way I fell in love with this thing called “Ashtanga” and I fell down that rabbit hole pretty hard.
By no means do I think I am an authoritative person in the yoga world, but I feel like I am ready to step into my first yoga retreat. So here are some things that I want to do during my retreat.
Things Included In My Retreat
- Twice Daily Yoga Sessions
- AM: sequenced vinyasa yoga
- PM: slower vinyasa yoga (focus on: hips, twists, heart openers, etc.)
- Conference/Group Discussion
- Asana Workshops (TBD: arm balances, backbends, etc.)
Things to Be Considered
- Other Workshops
- Mala Making
- Essential Oil
- Healthy Food (diet, meal planning, prep, cooking, etc.)
- Early 2018 or 2019
- Depending on:
- Location of retreat (weather)
- Length required to plan
- Work schedule (Nigeria trips)
- Depending on:
- Costa Rica (my number 1 spot)
- Catering (I don’t want to cook the food)
- Able to feed V, VG, GF & meat eaters!
- Accommodations for 10-20 people
- Single, double & triple rooms
- Yoga cannot be outdoor only (i.e. on the grass)
- Under $2,000 per person
- Outdoor yoga deck (SWOON!)
- Airport transfer available by hotel
- Adventures/spa day’s available for purchase
- $500-$1,500 per person would be ideal
Misc/To Be Considered
- Early bird discount $100-$200?? (TBD)
- Free gift/memento
MORE THINGS ADDED AS I THINK OF THEM 🙂
Here are some of my ideas!
I’m not sure why I didn’t think to check out Tulum before, but I just stumbled across this magnificent place and.. well, look! ::sigh:: Check out Amansala!
Available Activities: (* On site)
- Spa treatments/massage*
- Bike ride to Mayan ruins
- Climb ruins of Coba
This place looks so tranquil! It is Isla Verde Hotel and is in Guatemala! This place is cheaper and everything isn’t quite as nice, but the location is still so gorgeous.
Available Activities (* On site):
- Sauna/hot tub*
- Hiking Volcano
- Nature reserve
- Horseback riding
- Coffee & corn tour
- Visit local market
Value Option 1
Something a little different. This is a house rental in Costa Rica. The only issue I have with stunning place is there is no place to do indoor yoga. I know that was on my necessities list, but with cost, you have to compromise somewhere… Costa Rica is fairly dry in January and February, so perhaps the weather will favor us. A little rain while we aren’t doing our yoga won’t be too bad. Anyway, let’s get to the big reveal! This is a beachfront, 5-acre slice of heaven, called Natura Reserve! It prizes itself on maintaining a wild ambience, keeping in touch with nature, and having many of the items handcrafted.
This place is a perfect little getaway for my tribe and will definitely keep costs down. I’d have to look into how much it would cost to have the catering done for us, and they say they can help people set up any tour activities they want.
Available Activities (none on site):
- Tree climbing
- Waterfall repelling
- Horseback riding
- ATV tour
- Dolphin watch
- Spa treatments/massage
Well, that’s it for now. I may come back and add more to this and let it grow as I see fit. At least it’s out there! Whoohoo!
Misc Planning Tools
- When to travel to Costa Rica (due to wet/dry season)
- More details on rain & temps
- When to go to Guatemala
Crossed Off Locations